Howard Stern Shames Joe Rogan on "Horse Dewormer"

Post anything about TV series, Movies, cinema or pop-culture here.
Axle
Site Admin
Mood:
Howard Stern Shames Joe Rogan on "Horse Dewormer"

Post by Axle »

I did watch a part of Joe Rogan's podcast where he discussed being prescribed Ivermectin by his doctor and that he got better "quickly" allegedly because he took that and a bunch of other vitamins and so forth. I haven't listened to what Howard Stern had to say but this is from Second Nexus ttps://secondnexus.com/howard-stern-joe-rogan-dewormer
Stern said:

"I heard Joe Rogan was saying 'What are you busting my balls [for]? I took horse de-wormer and a doctor gave it to me. Well, a doctor would also give you a vaccine, so why take horse-dewormer?"
Rogan is one of a chorus of alternative voices dismissing the need for vaccines, which have repeatedly proven to be safe and effective at slowing the spread of the virus.

The podcast host encouraged young people not to get a vaccine, saying:

"I'm not an anti-vax person. In fact, I said I believe they're safe and I encourage many people to take 'em. I just said, I don't think that if you're a young, healthy person, that you need it."
I think the biggest problem with most of these alternative treatments is that you mileage may vary. Meaning taking vitamin D might not have the effect you're hoping to get, but some people and perhaps those who are deficient might. Same goes with Ivermectin, there are some studies that suggest that it might help but most don't, but it doesn't mean it is going to work for everyone or that you should seek that as a replacement for getting the vaccine.

The thing is the vaccines are pretty safe. Yes, there are cases were people have adverse reactions, even death in some cases but it pales in comparisons to getting COVID or trying out these alternative treatments. Yes there are risks involved, there's risk in anything. The way I see it, there's much less risk in getting the vaccine versus rolling the dice on an alternative treatment that has little or no evidence of being effective and the benefit it provides may not be of enough benefit. So unless you have had allergic reactions to vaccines in the past or have legitimate concerns about the vaccine you should probably follow up with your doctor. The very reason we don't have people dying from smallpox, children paralyzed from polio are all because of vaccines. Let's not go back to the dark ages.