LGBTQ+ Exhibit Pulled from Capital

Discuss topics on religion and politics here. Keep forum rules in mind and maintain a civil discussion, be respectful and mindful about yours and others opinions and beliefs.
Axle
Site Admin
Mood:
LGBTQ+ Exhibit Pulled from Capital

Post by Axle »

An LGBTQ+ history exhibit removed from the Missouri state capitol has been set up in another state building...
The law requires approval of exhibits by the Board of Public Buildings, said Gov. Mike Parson, who is a member of the board along with the lieutenant governor and attorney general.
https://www.advocate.com/politics/2021/ ... ed-capitol

*sigh* I can tell you one thing the political theater is completely bonkers. Claims that the museum was pushing "the LGBT agenda" with "in your face banners."

What's the agenda again? Is it equality? Oh wait, that's right we're making everyone gay, that's it.

I like that politicians always use the word agenda to describe something their opposition wants is bad. Of course when I say "like" I mean hate.

Axle
Site Admin
Mood:
Re: LGBTQ+ Exhibit Pulled from Capital

Post by Axle »

Here's an update on the LGBTQ Exhibit story from the Kansas City Star...
I think the majority party has done a good job of not allowing any LGBT issue to come up, because they know they have a sizable group within their caucus that are going to go to a 1950s-Joseph-McCarthy extreme in their views,” said Sen. Greg Razer, a Kansas City Democrat who aggressively condemned the decision by Gov. Mike Parson’s administration to remove the display from the Capitol earlier this month.